Are you looking to take your education and career to the next level? Do you have a passion for research and a desire to make meaningful contributions to your field of study? If so, a Funded PhD programs may be the perfect choice for you.
Attention all aspiring scholars and researchers! The University of Pennsylvania is accepting applications for our prestigious funded PhD programs. Apply to the University of Pennsylvania’s PhD program today and take the first step towards a rewarding and fulfilling academic career.
About Fully Funded PhD in Religious Studies
The University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, offers a fully funded PhD in Religious Studies. The PhD provides students with a one-of-a-kind research opportunity to become world-class researchers, lecturers, and expositors in their subject. American Religions, Ancient Mediterranean Religions, Asian Religions, Buddhism, Childhood-Gender and Sexuality Studies, Christianity, Intellectual History, Islam, Judaism, Material and Visual Culture, Modernities-Secularism-and Science, Politics and Publics are the main areas of research and expertise.
- Earned master’s degree prior to entering the PhD.
- You are expected to have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and subject-specific GPA of 3.5 or above.
- English language proficiency requirements (non-native English speakers)
PhD Funding Coverage
The PhD in Religious Studies is financed for five years, during which time candidates are expected to complete coursework and work as teaching assistants.
Explore Open Funded PhD Position Here
- Official transcripts from previously attended college/ university.
- English language proficiency test scores such as TOEFL, IELTS, etc. (for non-native English speakers only)
- Entrance test scores, GRE*, GMAT* or other accepted scores*
- Research proposal
- Statement of purpose
- Writing samples
- Letters of recommendation
- Up-to-date resume
- Copy of passport
- Financial documents including bank statements
*Please check if GRE, GMAT is need at official university website.
The application deadline is December 1.
PhD Career: What are the Career Option?
How to Apply Funded PhD Program?
Applications are submitted through the online Graduate Application portal. Please upload all required documents on your Graduate Application.