Are you looking to take your education and career to the next level? Do you have a passion for research and a desire to make meaningful contributions to your field of study? If so, a Funded PhD programs may be the perfect choice for you.
Attention all aspiring scholars and researchers! The City University of New York is accepting applications for our prestigious funded PhD programs. Apply to the City University of New York’s PhD program today and take the first step towards a rewarding and fulfilling academic career.
About Fully Funded PhD in Social Welfare
The City University of New York provides a PhD in Social Welfare that is completely supported. The Ph.D. Program in Social Welfare is designed to prepare students to be professional academics who will contribute significantly to social work research and assessment.
Every PhD program applicant at The Graduate Center will be immediately reviewed for five-year institutional funding packages. Our financial assistance, which includes fellowships, tuition scholarships, and assistantships, is merit-based.
Prospective students must meet the following requirements to be considered for the Ph.D. Program in Social Welfare at The Graduate Center:
- An M.S.W. or related Master’s degree (i.e., Public Administration, Criminal Justice, Psychology, Education, etc.) from an accredited program
- A minimum of three years Post-Masters experience working in the human services
- Demonstrated capacity for doctoral study through an excellent academic record, exemplary professional accomplishment, and evidence of scholarly potential
- Career ambitions consistent with doctoral study, such as a desire to conduct clinical, organizational, or policy research in human service organizations; design and implement innovative social welfare programs and policies; or career as an academic scholar
PhD Funding Coverage
Each year, the doctoral programs in the humanities, social sciences, and sciences award approximately 200 GCFs. This award consists of a financial aid fellowship and graduate assistantship totaling $27,374 in the fall and spring semesters, a tuition award, and eligibility for low-cost individual or family NYSHIP health insurance.
Explore Open Funded PhD Position Here
- Official transcripts from previously attended college/ university.
- English language proficiency test scores such as TOEFL, IELTS, etc. (for non-native English speakers only)
- Entrance test scores, GRE*, GMAT* or other accepted scores*
- Research proposal
- Statement of purpose
- Writing samples
- Letters of recommendation
- Up-to-date resume
- Copy of passport
- Financial documents including bank statements
*Please check if GRE, GMAT is need at official university website.
January 1 for Fall Enrollment
How to Apply Funded PhD Program?
The Graduate Center invites you to submit an application for one of our doctoral or masters programs.