Are you looking to take your education and career to the next level? Do you have a passion for research and a desire to make meaningful contributions to your field of study? If so, a Funded PhD programs may be the perfect choice for you.
Attention all aspiring scholars and researchers! The University of Toronto is accepting applications for our prestigious funded PhD programs. Apply to the University of Toronto’s PhD program today and take the first step towards a rewarding and fulfilling academic career.
About Fully Funded PhD in Social Work
In Canada, the University of Toronto offers a fully financed PhD in Social Work. The PhD program is meant to develop great academics and leaders in the fields of social work research, education, and policy.
Funding is committed for up to five years for PhD candidates who are enrolled full-time, complete program requirements on time, maintain excellent standing, and apply for major external funding.
After students pay their tuition and fees, the Factor-Inwentash Faculty of Social Work provides a minimum funding commitment of $19,500 for full-time students.
- Earned master’s degree prior to entering the PhD.
- You are expected to have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and subject-specific GPA of 3.5 or above.
- English language proficiency requirements (non-native English speakers)
PhD Funding Coverage
Funding opportunities are committed for up to five years for PhD students who are engaged in full-time studies, complete program requirements in a timely manner, remain in good standing, and apply for major external funding.
The Factor-Inwentash Faculty of Social Work provides a minimum funding commitment of $19,500 for full-time students after students pay off their tuition and fees.
The funding package includes a combination of awards received, research and teaching assistantships and other external sources. All students need to pay tuition and fees on their own.
The funding commitment of $19,500 is computed after the tuition and fees are paid. The academic year fees and incidental fees have been factored into the funding packages for students.
Explore Open Funded PhD Position Here
- Official transcripts from previously attended college/ university.
- English language proficiency test scores such as TOEFL, IELTS, etc. (for non-native English speakers only)
- Entrance test scores, GRE*, GMAT* or other accepted scores*
- Research proposal
- Statement of purpose
- Writing samples
- Letters of recommendation
- Up-to-date resume
- Copy of passport
- Financial documents including bank statements
*Please check if GRE, GMAT is need at official university website.
How to Apply Funded PhD Program?
- Log in to the online application.
- Provide the biographical and education information requested.
- Provide contact information for your referees. Be sure to inform your referees that you are
doing this and that the University of Toronto, SGS will be contacting them by email.
- Upload your supporting documentation directly onto the online application portal