Are you looking to take your education and career to the next level? Do you have a passion for research and a desire to make meaningful contributions to your field of study? If so, a Funded PhD programs may be the perfect choice for you.
Attention all aspiring scholars and researchers! The University at Buffalo is accepting applications for our prestigious funded PhD programs. Apply to the University at Buffalo’s PhD program today and take the first step towards a rewarding and fulfilling academic career.
About Fully Funded PhD in Social Welfare
The University at Buffalo, located in Buffalo, New York, provides a PhD in Social Welfare that is completely supported. This multidisciplinary Ph.D. program will prepare you to do meaningful and influential research in a collaborative setting.
This PhD program is designed for people who have earned a Master of Social Work (MSW) from a CSWE-accredited program or an international equivalent.
- Master of Social Work (MSW) degree from a CSWE-accredited institution or international equivalent
- An undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher is preferred
- English language proficiency requirements (non-native English speakers)
PhD Funding Coverage
All accepted PhD students are offered a competitive standard funding package. Additional funding may be available through fellowships.
All PhD students are guaranteed a graduate assistantship for four years. Assistantships are 10-month appointments, 20 hours per week with a base stipend of $23,000 per year.
Students also receive full tuition coverage for up to 47 credits. This typically covers the required courses for four years.
Explore Open Funded PhD Position Here
- Official transcripts from previously attended college/ university.
- English language proficiency test scores such as TOEFL, IELTS, etc. (for non-native English speakers only)
- Entrance test scores, GRE*, GMAT* or other accepted scores*
- Research proposal
- Statement of purpose
- Writing samples
- Letters of recommendation
- Up-to-date resume
- Copy of passport
- Financial documents including bank statements
*Please check if GRE, GMAT is need at official university website.
How to Apply Funded PhD Program?
Apply to the University at Buffalo School of Social Work using our electronic graduate application system.