Are you looking to take your education and career to the next level? Do you have a passion for research and a desire to make meaningful contributions to your field of study? If so, a Funded PhD programs may be the perfect choice for you.
Attention all aspiring scholars and researchers! The University at Albany, New York is accepting applications for our prestigious funded PhD programs. Apply to the University at Albany’s PhD program today and take the first step towards a rewarding and fulfilling academic career.
About Fully Funded PhD in Social Work
The PhD in Social Work program at the University of Albany is fully supported. You can personalize courses and other prerequisites in this PhD Social Work program to your own research, policy, and practice interests.
As a full-time doctorate student, you may be eligible for a competitive graduate research assistantship that includes a $18,000 yearly salary and a three-year tuition waiver.
If you have advanced to candidacy by the conclusion of your third year, you may be eligible for a fourth year of financing.
- Earned master’s degree prior to entering the PhD.
- You are expected to have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and subject-specific GPA of 3.5 or above.
- English language proficiency requirements (non-native English speakers)
PhD Funding Coverage
As a full-time student in the doctoral program, you may be eligible for a competitive graduate research assistantship that provides an $18,000 annual stipend and tuition waiver for three years.
A fourth year of funding is possible if you have advanced to candidacy by the end of your third year.
Other sources of funding are available at the University to offset a portion of doctoral student expenses for full- and part-time students. These include the UAlbany Graduate Student Organization, UAlbany Benevolent Association, and Initiatives for Women.
Explore Open Funded PhD Position Here
- Official transcripts from previously attended college/ university.
- English language proficiency test scores such as TOEFL, IELTS, etc. (for non-native English speakers only)
- Entrance test scores, GRE*, GMAT* or other accepted scores*
- Research proposal
- Statement of purpose
- Writing samples
- Letters of recommendation
- Up-to-date resume
- Copy of passport
- Financial documents including bank statements
*Please check if GRE, GMAT is need at official university website.
January 31 at 11:59pm
PhD Career: What are the Career Option?
How to Apply Funded PhD Program?
If you are interested in receiving funding, please complete the Graduate Assistantship/Fellowship Application, found in your application portal.