Are you looking to take your education and career to the next level? Do you have a passion for research and a desire to make meaningful contributions to your field of study? If so, a Funded PhD programs may be the perfect choice for you.
Attention all aspiring scholars and researchers! The University of California Berkeley is accepting applications for our prestigious funded PhD programs. Apply to the University of California Berkeley’s PhD program today and take the first step towards a rewarding and fulfilling academic career.
About Fully Funded PhD in Social Welfare
The University of California, Berkeley, provides a PhD in Social Welfare that is completely supported. Doctoral candidates develop and follow a unique program of work that is tailored to their intellectual interests and aligned with specialized research areas of Berkeley Social Welfare faculty mentors and supervisors.
Offers a competitive financing package for newly admitted doctoral students, which normally includes three years of departmental assistance and an additional year of Graduate Division Fellowships support.
Doctoral assistance packages often include tuition and fee payment, health insurance, and an annual allowance for living expenses (estimated at $28,000).
- Earned master’s degree prior to entering the PhD.
- You are expected to have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and subject-specific GPA of 3.5 or above.
- English language proficiency requirements (non-native English speakers)
PhD Funding Coverage
Berkeley Social Welfare offers a competitive funding package for newly admitted doctoral students that will typically include three years of departmental support, plus an additional year of support from the Graduate Division Doctoral Completion Fellowship available upon becoming eligible.
Doctoral support packages normally include payment of tuition and fees (including student health insurance), plus an annual allowance for living expense support (currently estimated at $28,000 per academic year), funded through a combination of academic student employment as a Graduate Student Instructor (GSI) and/or Graduate Student Researcher (GSR), and university or departmental fellowship award(s).
Explore Open Funded PhD Position Here
- Official transcripts from previously attended college/ university.
- English language proficiency test scores such as TOEFL, IELTS, etc. (for non-native English speakers only)
- Entrance test scores, GRE*, GMAT* or other accepted scores*
- Research proposal
- Statement of purpose
- Writing samples
- Letters of recommendation
- Up-to-date resume
- Copy of passport
- Financial documents including bank statements
*Please check if GRE, GMAT is need at official university website.
All applications for admission must be completed and submitted by December 1.
How to Apply Funded PhD Program?
To be considered complete, applications for admission to the PhD Program and Combined MSW/PhD Program must include all of the following items:
- A completed UC Berkeley Graduate and Professional Application for Admission, including payment of application fee and selection of faculty adviser.
- Transcripts from ALL college-level course work undertaken.
- Three Letters of Recommendation.
- A written Statement of Purpose.
- A written Personal History Statement.
- A sample of scholarly written work.
- A current résumé/CV.
- For international applicants, a TOEFL electronic score report sent directly to Berkeley.