Are you looking to take your education and career to the next level? Do you have a passion for research and a desire to make meaningful contributions to your field of study? If so, a Funded PhD programs may be the perfect choice for you.
Attention all aspiring scholars and researchers! The University of Minnesota is accepting applications for our prestigious funded PhD programs. Apply to the University of Minnesota’s PhD program today and take the first step towards a rewarding and fulfilling academic career.
About Fully Funded PhD in Social Work
The University of Minnesota in Saint Paul, Minnesota, provides a fully financed PhD in Social Work. Contribute to the social work profession’s knowledge base and strive toward a just, nurturing, and inclusive society.
This curriculum places a premium on advanced scholarship, theory development, policy analysis, and research design and implementation.
The majority of students are provided with a four-year financial package that includes tuition, health insurance, and a stipend.
Many students also receive dissertation fellowships, and we assist students in obtaining assistantships to fund their fifth year.
- Earned master’s degree prior to entering the PhD.
- You are expected to have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and subject-specific GPA of 3.5 or above.
- English language proficiency requirements (non-native English speakers)
PhD Funding Coverage
We offer the majority of students a three year funding package which covers tuition, health insurance and a stipend.
Many of our students secure dissertation fellowships; though we help other students secure research assistantships to fund their fourth (and sometimes fifth) year of their PhD program.
The School of Social Work also provides among the most generous travel funding in the nation for students to present at national academic conferences.
Explore Open Funded PhD Position Here
- Official transcripts from previously attended college/ university.
- English language proficiency test scores such as TOEFL, IELTS, etc. (for non-native English speakers only)
- Entrance test scores, GRE*, GMAT* or other accepted scores*
- Research proposal
- Statement of purpose
- Writing samples
- Letters of recommendation
- Up-to-date resume
- Copy of passport
- Financial documents including bank statements
*Please check if GRE, GMAT is need at official university website.
The application deadline is December 2.
PhD Career: What are the Career Option?
How to Apply Funded PhD Program?
Submit online application.