Are you looking to take your education and career to the next level? Do you have a passion for research and a desire to make meaningful contributions to your field of study? If so, a Funded PhD programs may be the perfect choice for you.
Attention all aspiring scholars and researchers! The University of Pennsylvania is accepting applications for our prestigious funded PhD programs. Apply to the University of Pennsylvania’s PhD program today and take the first step towards a rewarding and fulfilling academic career.
About Fully Funded PhD in South Asian Studies
The University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, offers a fully funded PhD in South Asian Studies. The PhD curriculum in South Asian languages, literature, culture, and history provides rigorous instruction that serves as a foundation for research and teaching in higher education.
- Earned master’s degree prior to entering the PhD.
- You are expected to have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and subject-specific GPA of 3.5 or above.
- English language proficiency requirements (non-native English speakers)
PhD Funding Coverage
All PhD candidates admitted into the SAST program are immediately awarded a 5-year Benjamin Franklin Fellowship. For five years, this scholarship covers tuition, fees, health insurance, and a living stipend. The stipend varies each year, but it is now around $25,000 per year. Furthermore, PhD candidates receive additional money throughout three of their summers.
Explore Open Funded PhD Position Here
- Official transcripts from previously attended college/ university.
- English language proficiency test scores such as TOEFL, IELTS, etc. (for non-native English speakers only)
- Entrance test scores, GRE*, GMAT* or other accepted scores*
- Research proposal
- Statement of purpose
- Writing samples
- Letters of recommendation
- Up-to-date resume
- Copy of passport
- Financial documents including bank statements
*Please check if GRE, GMAT is need at official university website.
The application deadline is December 1.
PhD Career: What are the Career Option?
How to Apply Funded PhD Program?
Applications are submitted through the online Graduate Application portal. Please upload all required documents on your Graduate Application.