Are you looking to take your education and career to the next level? Do you have a passion for research and a desire to make meaningful contributions to your field of study? If so, a Funded PhD programs may be the perfect choice for you.
Attention all aspiring scholars and researchers! The Northwestern University is accepting applications for our prestigious funded PhD programs. Apply to the Northwestern University’s PhD program today and take the first step towards a rewarding and fulfilling academic career.
About Fully Funded PhD in Spanish and Portuguese
Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois, has a fully funded PhD program in Spanish and Portuguese. The graduate program in Spanish and Portuguese focuses on the rich literary and cultural traditions of Latin America, Iberia, and the United States’ Latino population. The curriculum aims to provide its students with a solid understanding of various approaches to inquiry and scholarship, both within Latin American and Peninsular literature and within the Humanities.
- Earned master’s degree prior to entering the PhD.
- You are expected to have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and subject-specific GPA of 3.5 or above.
- English language proficiency requirements (non-native English speakers)
PhD Funding Coverage
During years 1 through 5, students will receive guaranteed Graduate School funding in the form of two years of fellowship and three years of teaching assistantships; they will also receive additional fellowship support for four summers.
Explore Open Funded PhD Position Here
- Official transcripts from previously attended college/ university.
- English language proficiency test scores such as TOEFL, IELTS, etc. (for non-native English speakers only)
- Entrance test scores, GRE*, GMAT* or other accepted scores*
- Research proposal
- Statement of purpose
- Writing samples
- Letters of recommendation
- Up-to-date resume
- Copy of passport
- Financial documents including bank statements
*Please check if GRE, GMAT is need at official university website.
The application deadline is December 1.
How to Apply Funded PhD Program?
Applications are submitted through the online Graduate Application portal. Please upload all required documents on your Graduate Application.