Are you looking to take your education and career to the next level? Do you have a passion for research and a desire to make meaningful contributions to your field of study? If so, a Funded PhD programs may be the perfect choice for you.
Attention all aspiring scholars and researchers! The University of British Columbia is accepting applications for our prestigious funded PhD programs. Apply to the University of British Columbia’s PhD program today and take the first step towards a rewarding and fulfilling academic career.
About Fully Funded PhD in Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL)
In Canada, the University of British Columbia offers a fully funded PhD in Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL). Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL) investigates the social, linguistic, educational, cognitive, cultural, and political factors that influence the teaching, learning, assessment, and use of English as a second language on a local and global scale.
- Earned master’s degree prior to entering the PhD.
- You are expected to have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and subject-specific GPA of 3.5 or above.
- English language proficiency requirements (non-native English speakers)
PhD Funding Coverage
All full-time UBC-Vancouver Ph.D. students will receive at least $22,000 in funding for the first four years of their studies. Internal or external awards, teaching-related jobs, research assistantships, and graduate academic assistantships may be included in the financing package.
Explore Open Funded PhD Position Here
- Official transcripts from previously attended college/ university.
- English language proficiency test scores such as TOEFL, IELTS, etc. (for non-native English speakers only)
- Entrance test scores, GRE*, GMAT* or other accepted scores*
- Research proposal
- Statement of purpose
- Writing samples
- Letters of recommendation
- Up-to-date resume
- Copy of passport
- Financial documents including bank statements
*Please check if GRE, GMAT is need at official university website.
The application deadline is December 1.
PhD Career: What are the Career Option?
How to Apply Funded PhD Program?
Applications are submitted through the online Graduate Application portal. Please upload all required documents on your Graduate Application.