Are you looking to take your education and career to the next level? Do you have a passion for research and a desire to make meaningful contributions to your field of study? If so, a Funded PhD programs may be the perfect choice for you.
Attention all aspiring scholars and researchers! The University at Buffalo is accepting applications for our prestigious funded PhD programs. Apply to the University at Buffalo’s PhD program today and take the first step towards a rewarding and fulfilling academic career.
About Fully Funded PhD Program in Biomedical Sciences
The University at Buffalo in Buffalo, New York, provides a fully financed PhD Program in Biomedical Sciences.
This fully-funded program provides an entry portal and a shared first-year curriculum, preparing you to pursue a doctorate in one of their various participating subjects.
After your first year as a PhD student, you will join one PhD program while still collaborating in many research areas.
You will get a full-tuition scholarship, a $31,000 stipend, and medical/dental insurance as a PhD candidate.
PhD Program Options
- Biomedical Engineering
- Biomedical Informatics
- Genetics, Genomics and Bioinformatics
- Microbiology and Immunology
- Oral Biology
- Pathology and Anatomical Sciences
- Pharmacology and Toxicology
- Physiology and Biophysics
- Structural Biology
- Earned master’s degree prior to entering the PhD.
- You are expected to have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and subject-specific GPA of 3.5 or above.
- English language proficiency requirements (non-native English speakers)
PhD Funding Coverage
As a doctoral candidate, you will receive a full-tuition scholarship, a $31,000 stipend, and medical/dental insurance.
Explore Open Funded PhD Position Here
- Official transcripts from previously attended college/ university.
- English language proficiency test scores such as TOEFL, IELTS, etc. (for non-native English speakers only)
- Entrance test scores, GRE*, GMAT* or other accepted scores*
- Research proposal
- Statement of purpose
- Writing samples
- Letters of recommendation
- Up-to-date resume
- Copy of passport
- Financial documents including bank statements
*Please check if GRE, GMAT is need at official university website.
Your application must be completed and supporting documentation must be received by December 15.
How to Apply Funded PhD Program?
1. Use the Apply Now button below and sign in using your existing account information or create a new account to start a new application.
2. Fill out the application in full and submit it when complete. Once submitted, you will be emailed a link to the Status Portal.
3. In your portal, you will be able to submit your application fee payment and supporting documents (personal statement, CV, etc.).
4. Use the checklist on the Status Portal to make sure your supporting documents are submitted by the deadline for your application. All supporting documents must be received by the application deadline for you to be reviewed.
5. Once all application materials are received, your application will be sent for review. If additional materials are needed, you will be notified.