Are you looking to take your education and career to the next level? Do you have a passion for research and a desire to make meaningful contributions to your field of study? If so, a Funded PhD programs may be the perfect choice for you.
Attention all aspiring scholars and researchers! The Cornell University, Ithaca, New York is accepting applications for our prestigious funded PhD programs. Apply to the Cornell University’s PhD program today and take the first step towards a rewarding and fulfilling academic career.
About Fully Funded PhD in Agricultural Sciences
Cornell University in Ithaca, New York, offers a fully supported PhD in Agricultural Sciences. Horticulture, Plant Biology, Plant Breeding, Plant Pathology & Plant-Microbe Biology, and Soil & Crop Sciences are the five Graduate Fields offered at Cornell’s School of Integrative Plant Science.
PhD students are eligible for competitive financial aid, which includes tuition, a stipend, and health insurance.
Admitted PhD students students are promised $30,000 during the academic year as well as a summer stipend ($10,000) if they conduct research during the summer, which the majority do.
- Earned master’s degree prior to entering the PhD.
- You are expected to have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and subject-specific GPA of 3.5 or above.
- English language proficiency requirements (non-native English speakers)
PhD Funding Coverage
$30,000 during the academic year as well as a summer stipend ($10,000) if you conduct research during the summer.
Explore Current Funded PhD Position Here
- Official transcripts from previously attended college/ university.
- English language proficiency test scores such as TOEFL, IELTS, etc. (for non-native English speakers only)
- Entrance test scores, GRE*, GMAT* or other accepted scores*
- Research proposal
- Statement of purpose
- Writing samples
- Letters of recommendation
- Up-to-date resume
- Copy of passport
- Financial documents including bank statements
*Please check if GRE, GMAT is need at official university website.
The deadline for PhD application is December 1.
How to Apply Funded PhD Program?
All applications for Graduate Studies at Cornell are online and accessible through the Cornell Graduate School. You will be asked for a Statement of Academic Purpose, a personal statement, transcripts, relevant research and work experience, and letters of reference.