Are you looking to take your education and career to the next level? Do you have a passion for research and a desire to make meaningful contributions to your field of study? If so, a Funded PhD programs may be the perfect choice for you.
Attention all aspiring scholars and researchers! The Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan is accepting applications for our prestigious funded PhD programs. Apply to the Michigan State University’s PhD program today and take the first step towards a rewarding and fulfilling academic career.
About Fully Funded PhD in Horticulture
Michigan State University provides a PhD in Horticulture that is completely supported. The Graduate Program is based on the multidisciplinary and integrative nature of horticulture, which gives graduate students a lot of freedom in establishing their own programs of study and research.
The majority of graduate students in the Department of Horticulture get assistantships from their faculty advisor. Competitive assistantships and fellowships are available to suitable individuals.
Research assistantships (half-time) in the Horticulture department cover tuition and health insurance, as well as an annual stipend of about $23,800 to $28,100, depending on graduation level.
- Earned master’s degree prior to entering the PhD.
- You are expected to have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and subject-specific GPA of 3.5 or above.
- English language proficiency requirements (non-native English speakers)
PhD Funding Coverage
Horticulture department cover tuition and health insurance, as well as an annual stipend of about $23,800 to $28,100, depending on graduation level.
Explore Current Funded PhD Position Here
- Official transcripts from previously attended college/ university.
- English language proficiency test scores such as TOEFL, IELTS, etc. (for non-native English speakers only)
- Entrance test scores, GRE*, GMAT* or other accepted scores*
- Research proposal
- Statement of purpose
- Writing samples
- Letters of recommendation
- Up-to-date resume
- Copy of passport
- Financial documents including bank statements
*Please check if GRE, GMAT is need at official university website.
Applications can be submitted at any time. However, to receive full consideration for assistantships and fellowships, applications should be completed by December 1 for admission for the following fall semester.
How to Apply Funded PhD Program?
Applicants must submit the completed online MSU Domestic or International Graduate Application via the MSU Graduate School website. No fee is required for the initial application.