Are you looking to take your education and career to the next level? Do you have a passion for research and a desire to make meaningful contributions to your field of study? If so, a Funded PhD programs may be the perfect choice for you.
Attention all aspiring scholars and researchers! The University of Minnesota is accepting applications for our prestigious funded PhD programs. Apply to the University of Minnesota’s PhD program today and take the first step towards a rewarding and fulfilling academic career.
About Fully Funded PhD in Anthropology
The University of Minnesota in Minneapolis, Minnesota, offers a fully funded PhD in Anthropology program. The PhD program focuses on three subfields: archaeology, biological anthropology, and sociocultural anthropology, and prepares students for careers as college or university-level researchers and/or teachers, or advanced non-academic research positions.
- Earned master’s degree prior to entering the PhD.
- You are expected to have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and subject-specific GPA of 3.5 or above.
- English language proficiency requirements (non-native English speakers)
PhD Funding Coverage
All PhD students are offered a five-year support package dependent on successful progress toward the degree. The funding package covers tuition for up to 14 credits per semester, a portion of the health insurance price, and a stipend.
Explore Open Funded PhD Position Here
- Official transcripts from previously attended college/ university.
- English language proficiency test scores such as TOEFL, IELTS, etc. (for non-native English speakers only)
- Entrance test scores, GRE*, GMAT* or other accepted scores*
- Research proposal
- Statement of purpose
- Writing samples
- Letters of recommendation
- Up-to-date resume
- Copy of passport
- Financial documents including bank statements
*Please check if GRE, GMAT is need at official university website.
The application deadline is December 1.
PhD Career: What are the Career Option?
How to Apply Funded PhD Program?
Applications are submitted through the online Graduate Application portal. Please upload all required documents on your Graduate Application.