Are you looking to take your education and career to the next level? Do you have a passion for research and a desire to make meaningful contributions to your field of study? If so, a Funded PhD programs may be the perfect choice for you.
Attention all aspiring scholars and researchers! The Carnegie Mellon University is accepting applications for our prestigious funded PhD programs. Apply to the Carnegie Mellon University’s PhD program today and take the first step towards a rewarding and fulfilling academic career.
About Fully Funded PhD in Civil and Environmental Engineering
Carnegie Mellon University, based in Pittsburg, Pennsylvania offers a fully funded PhD in Civil and Environmental Engineering. Doctoral candidates develop an individualized program of study in one of our three major focus areas: Advanced Infrastructure Systems (AIS); Environmental Engineering, Sustainability, and Science (EESS); Mechanics, Materials, and Computing (MMC).
- Earned master’s degree prior to entering the PhD.
- You are expected to have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and subject-specific GPA of 3.5 or above.
- English language proficiency requirements (non-native English speakers)
PhD Funding Coverage
Many of the graduate students conducting research in the department receive financial aid in the form of research assistantships that cover tuition, technology fees, and a stipend for living expenses for the calendar year (including Summer) for up to five years, as long as sufficient progress is made toward degree completion.
Explore Open Funded PhD Position Here
- Official transcripts from previously attended college/ university.
- English language proficiency test scores such as TOEFL, IELTS, etc. (for non-native English speakers only)
- Entrance test scores, GRE*, GMAT* or other accepted scores*
- Research proposal
- Statement of purpose
- Writing samples
- Letters of recommendation
- Up-to-date resume
- Copy of passport
- Financial documents including bank statements
*Please check if GRE, GMAT is need at official university website.
The application deadline is December 1.
PhD Career: What are the Career Option?
How to Apply Funded PhD Program?
Applications are submitted through the online Graduate Application portal. Please upload all required documents on your Graduate Application.