Are you looking to take your education and career to the next level? Do you have a passion for research and a desire to make meaningful contributions to your field of study? If so, a Funded PhD programs may be the perfect choice for you.
Attention all aspiring scholars and researchers! The University of North Carolina is accepting applications for our prestigious funded PhD programs. Apply to the University of North Carolina’s PhD program today and take the first step towards a rewarding and fulfilling academic career.
About Fully Funded PhD in Classics
A completely funded PhD in Classics is available at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. It provides PhD programs in Classics, Classics with a Historical Focus, Classical and Medieval Latin, and Classical Archaeology.
- Earned master’s degree prior to entering the PhD.
- You are expected to have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and subject-specific GPA of 3.5 or above.
- English language proficiency requirements (non-native English speakers)
PhD Funding Coverage
The Department of Classics has a policy of not admitting students to its graduate programs who do not have funds. Although the level of support provided by the offered fellowships and assistantships varies to some extent, they always include a salary, eligibility for full tuition, and health insurance. With a few exceptions, they all include work as a Graduate Teaching Assistant.
Explore Open Funded PhD Position Here
- Official transcripts from previously attended college/ university.
- English language proficiency test scores such as TOEFL, IELTS, etc. (for non-native English speakers only)
- Entrance test scores, GRE*, GMAT* or other accepted scores*
- Research proposal
- Statement of purpose
- Writing samples
- Letters of recommendation
- Up-to-date resume
- Copy of passport
- Financial documents including bank statements
*Please check if GRE, GMAT is need at official university website.
The application deadline is December 1.
How to Apply Funded PhD Program?
Applications are submitted through the online Graduate Application portal. Please upload all required documents on your Graduate Application.