Are you looking to take your education and career to the next level? Do you have a passion for research and a desire to make meaningful contributions to your field of study? If so, a Funded PhD programs may be the perfect choice for you.
Attention all aspiring scholars and researchers! The University of Surrey is accepting applications for our prestigious funded PhD programs. Apply to the University of Surrey’s PhD program today and take the first step towards a rewarding and fulfilling academic career.
About Fully Funded PhD in Computer Science
The University of Surrey, based in the United Kingdom offers a fully funded PhD in Computer Science. The Department of Computer Science is offering up to 20 fully funded PhD studentships (at UK rates) to strengthen its research.
Studentships are available for the duration of 3.5 years (or 7 years at 50% time) in all areas of its research portfolio, which includes cybersecurity and cryptography, distributed and concurrent systems, artificial intelligence, and machine learning.
- Open to UK nationals, those with EU settled or pre-settled status, or indefinite leave to remain
- We expect successful applicants to hold a BSc degree (with at least UK 2:1 honours, or equivalent) or an MSc degree with distinction in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- The standard English language requirement is for a score of 6.5 or above (or equivalent) with 6.0 in each individual category, in an IELTLS Academic test taken in the last 2 years. Equivalent qualifications are listed on our language requirements page.Earned master’s degree prior to entering the PhD.
- You are expected to have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and subject-specific GPA of 3.5 or above.
- English language proficiency requirements (non-native English speakers)
PhD Funding Coverage
- UKRI stipend (£16,062 from October 2022) plus £3,000 per annum for full-time students; 50% of these amounts for part-time students.
- Tuition fees are also covered.
- £3,000, total, to support conference attendance and other relevant costs.
Explore Open Funded PhD Position Here
- Official transcripts from previously attended college/ university.
- English language proficiency test scores such as TOEFL, IELTS, etc. (for non-native English speakers only)
- Entrance test scores, GRE*, GMAT* or other accepted scores*
- Research proposal
- Statement of purpose
- Writing samples
- Letters of recommendation
- Up-to-date resume
- Copy of passport
- Financial documents including bank statements
*Please check if GRE, GMAT is need at official university website.
The application deadline is 22 July.
How to Apply Funded PhD Program?
To apply please upload your CV, copies of all degree certificates and transcripts, and the contact details of two referees (ideally, arrange for their letters of recommendation to be added to your application), and provide a covering letter identifying research area and preferably also potential supervisors and a brief research proposal.