Are you looking to take your education and career to the next level? Do you have a passion for research and a desire to make meaningful contributions to your field of study? If so, a Funded PhD programs may be the perfect choice for you.
Attention all aspiring scholars and researchers! The University of Virginia is accepting applications for our prestigious funded PhD programs. Apply to the University of Virginia’s PhD program today and take the first step towards a rewarding and fulfilling academic career.
About Fully Funded PhD in French
The University of Virginia in Charlottesville, Virginia, provides a fully funded PhD in French. The PhD program develops complex and challenging ways of thinking about French and Francophone literature and cultures through multidisciplinary, global, and transhistorical approaches that are deeply founded in poetical, textual, visual, and historical study.
- Earned master’s degree prior to entering the PhD.
- You are expected to have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and subject-specific GPA of 3.5 or above.
- English language proficiency requirements (non-native English speakers)
PhD Funding Coverage
The Department is dedicated to providing full funding to all doctoral candidates for the course of their studies. The award package, which includes graduate teaching assistantships (GTAs) and fellowships, is guaranteed for five years and includes tuition, fees, full health insurance, and a $20,000 yearly stipend for basic living expenses, as well as $4,000 summer stipends.
Explore Open Funded PhD Position Here
- Official transcripts from previously attended college/ university.
- English language proficiency test scores such as TOEFL, IELTS, etc. (for non-native English speakers only)
- Entrance test scores, GRE*, GMAT* or other accepted scores*
- Research proposal
- Statement of purpose
- Writing samples
- Letters of recommendation
- Up-to-date resume
- Copy of passport
- Financial documents including bank statements
*Please check if GRE, GMAT is need at official university website.
The application deadline is December 1.
PhD Career: What are the Career Option?
How to Apply Funded PhD Program?
Applications are submitted through the online Graduate Application portal. Please upload all required documents on your Graduate Application.