Are you looking to take your education and career to the next level? Do you have a passion for research and a desire to make meaningful contributions to your field of study? If so, a Funded PhD programs may be the perfect choice for you.
Attention all aspiring scholars and researchers! The University of Texas at Austin is accepting applications for our prestigious funded PhD programs. Apply to the University of Texas at Austin’s PhD program today and take the first step towards a rewarding and fulfilling academic career.
About Fully Funded PhD in French Studies or French Linguistics
The University of Texas at Austin offers a fully funded PhD in French Studies or French Linguistics. The department offers graduate courses in French that lead to PhD degrees in French Studies or French Linguistics. Students interested in multidisciplinary study in French and Francophone literature, culture, arts, and media might pursue a PhD in French Studies.
- Earned master’s degree prior to entering the PhD.
- You are expected to have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and subject-specific GPA of 3.5 or above.
- English language proficiency requirements (non-native English speakers)
PhD Funding Coverage
The department’s policy is to provide all students with financial packages that include fellowships and academic work for up to six years. Graduate School Fellowships and Julia Emerson Walther Graduate Scholarships for students in French Studies and French Linguistics are the two main sources of fellowships.
Explore Open Funded PhD Position Here
- Official transcripts from previously attended college/ university.
- English language proficiency test scores such as TOEFL, IELTS, etc. (for non-native English speakers only)
- Entrance test scores, GRE*, GMAT* or other accepted scores*
- Research proposal
- Statement of purpose
- Writing samples
- Letters of recommendation
- Up-to-date resume
- Copy of passport
- Financial documents including bank statements
*Please check if GRE, GMAT is need at official university website.
The application deadline is December 1.
PhD Career: What are the Career Option?
How to Apply Funded PhD Program?
Applications are submitted through the online Graduate Application portal. Please upload all required documents on your Graduate Application.