Are you looking to take your education and career to the next level? Do you have a passion for research and a desire to make meaningful contributions to your field of study? If so, a Funded PhD programs may be the perfect choice for you.
Attention all aspiring scholars and researchers! The University of Wisconsin-Madison is accepting applications for our prestigious funded PhD programs. Apply to the University of Wisconsin-Madison’s PhD program today and take the first step towards a rewarding and fulfilling academic career.
About Fully Funded PhD in Information Studies
The University of Wisconsin-Madison, located in Madison, Wisconsin, offers a fully funded PhD in Information Studies program. The PhD program at the iSchool is a residential program. The PhD in Information Studies program seeks to foster a collaborative, supportive intellectual atmosphere in which a limited group of highly prepared students can flourish in their doctoral studies.
- Earned master’s degree prior to entering the PhD.
- You are expected to have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and subject-specific GPA of 3.5 or above.
- English language proficiency requirements (non-native English speakers)
PhD Funding Coverage
We can assure that each student builds close working ties with faculty members, receives quality and consistent mentoring, and receives five years of full financing, including tuition, stipend, and health insurance, by accepting a small cohort of PhD candidates each year.
Explore Open Funded PhD Position Here
- Official transcripts from previously attended college/ university.
- English language proficiency test scores such as TOEFL, IELTS, etc. (for non-native English speakers only)
- Entrance test scores, GRE*, GMAT* or other accepted scores*
- Research proposal
- Statement of purpose
- Writing samples
- Letters of recommendation
- Up-to-date resume
- Copy of passport
- Financial documents including bank statements
*Please check if GRE, GMAT is need at official university website.
The application deadline is December 1.
PhD Career: What are the Career Option?
How to Apply Funded PhD Program?
Applications are submitted through the online Graduate Application portal. Please upload all required documents on your Graduate Application.