Are you looking to take your education and career to the next level? Do you have a passion for research and a desire to make meaningful contributions to your field of study? If so, a Funded PhD programs may be the perfect choice for you.
Attention all aspiring scholars and researchers! The Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois is accepting applications for our prestigious funded PhD programs. Apply to the Northwestern University’s PhD program today and take the first step towards a rewarding and fulfilling academic career.
About Fully Funded PhD in Neuroscience
Northwestern University in Chicago, Illinois, offers a fully financed PhD in Neuroscience program. The NUIN program provides integrated multidisciplinary neuroscience training options with a variety of methodologies and levels of analysis ranging from molecules to systems and behavior.
As long as they maintain good academic standing in the NUIN program, all students are guaranteed a stipend, tuition, and Northwestern student health insurance.
NUIN students are funded by University fellowships for the first six quarters. Students are supported in the seventh quarter and beyond by their research mentor or department, as well as internal or external graduate grants. The stipend is $35,196.
- Earned master’s degree prior to entering the PhD.
- You are expected to have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and subject-specific GPA of 3.5 or above.
- English language proficiency requirements (non-native English speakers)
PhD Funding Coverage
The stipend is $35,196. Additional provisions provided by the NUIN program include:
- Reimbursement for the available Northwestern University–sponsored HMO student dental insurance plan
- A one-time allowance of $1,000 to help offset moving expenses
- A one-time allowance of $2,000 after completion of the thesis proposal (to be used for a research-related expense)
Explore Open Funded PhD Position Here
- Official transcripts from previously attended college/ university.
- English language proficiency test scores such as TOEFL, IELTS, etc. (for non-native English speakers only)
- Entrance test scores, GRE*, GMAT* or other accepted scores*
- Research proposal
- Statement of purpose
- Writing samples
- Letters of recommendation
- Up-to-date resume
- Copy of passport
- Financial documents including bank statements
*Please check if GRE, GMAT is need at official university website.
The deadline for applications is 11:59 p.m. on Dec. 1.
PhD Career: What are the Career Option?
How to Apply Funded PhD Program?
All materials, including letters of recommendation, should be submitted no later than the Dec. 1 deadline. Late applications will not be accepted.
All applicants are required to fill out the Northwestern University application through The Graduate School website