Are you looking to take your education and career to the next level? Do you have a passion for research and a desire to make meaningful contributions to your field of study? If so, a Funded PhD programs may be the perfect choice for you.
Attention all aspiring scholars and researchers! The Syracuse University is accepting applications for our prestigious funded PhD programs. Apply to the Syracuse University’s PhD program today and take the first step towards a rewarding and fulfilling academic career.
About Fully Funded PhD in Public Administration
Syracuse University, based in Syracuse, New York offers a fully funded PhD in Public Administration. The PhD program provides students with high quality research and teaching experiences.
Doctoral students of public administration become active researchers beginning in their first year as part of their research apprenticeship under the direction of their faculty advisor.
Many, depending on their area of specialty, conduct their research in one of Maxwell’s 14 established interdisciplinary research centers, or myriad research opportunities working with faculty or institutes across campus.
Admission to the Ph.D. in public administration program is highly selective. Successful candidates have.
- A completed master of public administration or master’s in a related field, or equivalent graduate credits to enter the Ph.D. program.
- Strong academic records.
- Professional experience in management and policy research.
- A commitment to further developing the research skills necessary for careers in academic or policy research organizations.
- You are expected to have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and subject-specific GPA of 3.5 or above.
- English language proficiency requirements (non-native English speakers).
PhD Funding Coverage
At the time of acceptance, all Ph.D. students receive department support and are required to work as graduate assistants (GA) in both research and teaching apprenticeships.
All Ph.D. students have classroom experience, with students receiving four years of financing from the PAIA department.
Explore Open Funded PhD Position Here
- Official transcripts from previously attended college/ university.
- English language proficiency test scores such as TOEFL, IELTS, etc. (for non-native English speakers only)
- Entrance test scores, GRE*, GMAT* or other accepted scores*
- Research proposal
- Statement of purpose
- Writing samples
- Letters of recommendation
- Up-to-date resume
- Copy of passport
- Financial documents including bank statements
*Please check if GRE, GMAT is need at official university website.
The application deadline is January 15.
PhD Career: What are the Career Option?
How to Apply Funded PhD Program?
Following Application Materials Must be submitted via online application portal.
- Application fee: $75
- Graduate School application
- Personal statement
- Résumé (preferred) or CV
- GRE or GMAT scores: required. The school code for Syracuse University is 2823.
- English Proficiency Exam (international students only): TOEFL
- Transcripts: Official transcripts are not required at the time of application, but will be necessary to enroll in the program
- Letters of recommendation: three (3) letters of recommendation