Are you looking to take your education and career to the next level? Do you have a passion for research and a desire to make meaningful contributions to your field of study? If so, a Funded PhD programs may be the perfect choice for you.
Attention all aspiring scholars and researchers! The University of California Berkeley is accepting applications for our prestigious funded PhD programs. Apply to the University of California Berkeley’s PhD program today and take the first step towards a rewarding and fulfilling academic career.
About Fully Funded PhD in Public Health
The University of California, Berkeley, provides a fully financed PhD in Public Health program. Graduate students at Berkeley Public Health can follow their academic interests while also becoming public health leaders through one of six divisions. PhD programs are available in;
- Environmental Health Sciences,
- Health Policy and Management,
- Infectious Diseases and Vaccinology.
- A bachelor’s degree or recognized equivalent from an accredited institution;
- A satisfactory scholastic average, usually a minimum grade-point average (GPA) of 3.0 (B) on a 4.0 scale; and
- Enough undergraduate training to do graduate work in your chosen field.
- English language proficiency requirements (non-native English speakers)
PhD Funding Coverage
PhD candidates typically receive funding through a variety of sources such as soft-money grants, Graduate Division Fellowships, and fee remission from working as a Graduate Student Researcher (GSR) or teaching as a Graduate Student Instructor (GSI).
PhD programs are fully funded for up to 5 years. Full funding includes regular tuition, fees, SHIP, and a salary or stipend if you are in good academic standing. Please note that our funding packages do not include housing offers.
Explore Open Funded PhD Position Here
- Official transcripts from previously attended college/ university.
- English language proficiency test scores such as TOEFL, IELTS, etc. (for non-native English speakers only)
- Entrance test scores, GRE*, GMAT* or other accepted scores*
- Research proposal
- Statement of purpose
- Writing samples
- Letters of recommendation
- Up-to-date resume
- Copy of passport
- Financial documents including bank statements
*Please check if GRE, GMAT is need at official university website.
How to Apply Funded PhD Program?
You can submit your application for Fall admission beginning in September, and the majority of deadlines are in December but check the programs list.
The online application will ask you for specific information such as your academic and professional history, transcripts, and potentially your CV, resume or links to your portfolio.
You’ll also need to provide the contact information for your recommenders who will be invited to submit their recommendation.