Are you looking to take your education and career to the next level? Do you have a passion for research and a desire to make meaningful contributions to your field of study? If so, a Funded PhD programs may be the perfect choice for you.
Attention all aspiring scholars and researchers! The University of California Irvine is accepting applications for our prestigious funded PhD programs. Apply to the University of California Irvine’s PhD program today and take the first step towards a rewarding and fulfilling academic career.
About Fully Funded PhD in Spanish
A fully funded PhD in Spanish is available at the University of California, Irvine. The Spanish Ph.D. program focuses on Spanish, Spanish-American, or Chicano/Latino literature and culture. Period and genre studies are combined with work in literary and critical theory, linguistics, socio-historical studies, and cultural studies.
- Earned master’s degree prior to entering the PhD.
- You are expected to have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and subject-specific GPA of 3.5 or above.
- English language proficiency requirements (non-native English speakers)
PhD Funding Coverage
Accepted students in the Graduate Program get a stipend that permits them to live and study at UCI. Small scholarships for conference travel are available from the Spanish department. Furthermore, beginning in their second year, students have the option of teaching summer courses to supplement their University salary.
Explore Open Funded PhD Position Here
- Official transcripts from previously attended college/ university.
- English language proficiency test scores such as TOEFL, IELTS, etc. (for non-native English speakers only)
- Entrance test scores, GRE*, GMAT* or other accepted scores*
- Research proposal
- Statement of purpose
- Writing samples
- Letters of recommendation
- Up-to-date resume
- Copy of passport
- Financial documents including bank statements
*Please check if GRE, GMAT is need at official university website.
The application deadline is December 1.
How to Apply Funded PhD Program?
Applications are submitted through the online Graduate Application portal. Please upload all required documents on your Graduate Application.