Are you looking to take your education and career to the next level? Do you have a passion for research and a desire to make meaningful contributions to your field of study? If so, a Funded PhD programs may be the perfect choice for you.
Attention all aspiring scholars and researchers! The University of Pennsylvania Wharton School of Business is accepting applications for our prestigious funded PhD programs. Apply to the University of Pennsylvania Wharton School of Business’s PhD program today and take the first step towards a rewarding and fulfilling academic career.
About Fully Funded PhD Program in Applied Economics
The Wharton School of Business at the University of Pennsylvania (UPenn) in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, offers a fully funded PhD program in Applied Economics. Behavioral Economics, Development Economics, Energy and Environmental Economics, Industrial Organization, Market Design, Public Economics, Risk Management, and Urban Economics and Real Estate are some of the topics in which students might specialize. Students can also establish an inter-disciplinary focus by taking courses and collaborating with instructors from other Wharton departments such as Finance, Health Care Management, Management, and Marketing.
- Earned master’s degree prior to entering the PhD.
- You are expected to have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and subject-specific GPA of 3.5 or above.
- English language proficiency requirements (non-native English speakers)
PhD Funding Coverage
Every approved student receives a fellowship that covers tuition, expenses, and a stipend.
Explore Open Funded PhD Position Here
- Official transcripts from previously attended college/ university.
- English language proficiency test scores such as TOEFL, IELTS, etc. (for non-native English speakers only)
- Entrance test scores, GRE*, GMAT* or other accepted scores*
- Research proposal
- Statement of purpose
- Writing samples
- Letters of recommendation
- Up-to-date resume
- Copy of passport
- Financial documents including bank statements
*Please check if GRE, GMAT is need at official university website.
The application deadline is December 1.
PhD Career: What are the Career Option?
How to Apply Funded PhD Program?
Applications are submitted through the online Graduate Application portal. Please upload all required documents on your Graduate Application.